Section 1 - Foundations of Chemistry
Section 2 - Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
Section 3 - Chemical Quantities and Stoichiometry
Section 4 - Types of Chemical Reactions and Solution Stoichiometry
Section 5 - Gases
Section 6 - Thermochemistry
Section 7 - The Quantum Mechanical View of the Atom and Periodicity
Section 8 - Chemical Bonding
Section 9 - Covalent Bonding and Molecular Orbitals
Section 10 - Liquids, Solids, and Intermolecular Forces
Section 11 - Solutions and Their Properties
Section 12 - Chemical Kinetics
Section 13 - Chemical Equilibrium
Section 14 - Acids and Bases
Section 15 - Applications of Acid-Base Equilibria
Section 16 - Spontaneity, Entropy, and Free Energy
Section 17 - Electrochemistry
Section 18 - Transition Metals and Coordination Chemistry
Section 19 - Nuclear Chemistry
Section 20 - An Introduction to Organic Chemistry
- "Not taking my own lecture notes seemed l ike a death sentence to my grade, but..."
- "I'm a busy person and didn't have much time to spend on my chemistry class. Your NOTES..."
- "My G-Chem professor was awesome but I was missing half of the lectures because..."
- "At first I was thinking to myself that I have enough chemistry material as it is. My own..."
Applications of Acid-Base Equilibria -- Section 15 of General Chemistry Notes is 19 pages in length (page 15-1 through page 15-19) and covers ALL you'll need to know on the following lecture/book topics:
SECTION 15 - Applications of Acid-Base Equilibria
15-1 -- Solutions of Acids or Bases Containing a Common Ion
· Common Ions and the “Common Ion Effect”
15-2 -- Buffered Solutions (Buffer Solutions)
· Approaching Buffer Problems and Questions
· Major Species and the ICE Method
15-5 -- How Do Buffers Resist a Change in pH?
15-5 -- The Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation
15-7 -- Titrations and pH Curves (Titration Curves)
· The Buret, the Titrant, and the Analyte
· Stoichiometric Point (Equivalence Point) vs. Endpoint
· Monitoring the Progress of an Acid-Base Titration
15-8 -- Types of Acid-Base Titrations
· Strong Acid - Strong Base Titrations
· Buffer Capacity
· Weak Acid - Strong Base Titrations
· Halfway Point of a Titration
· The pH Curve of a Weak Acid - Strong Base Titration
15-16 -- Solubility Equilibria and the Solubility Product (Ksp)
· Saturated Solutions
· The Solubility Product
· The “Solubility” vs. the “Solubility Product”
15-18 -- Precipitation of Solids from Solution
· The Ion Product (Q)
· Q vs. Ksp
The first 10 pages of "Section 15 Notes" are FREE. To view the notes, simply click the button below:
To purchase and instantly download ALL 19 pages of "Section 15 - Applications of Acid-Base Equilibria," simply follow the link below.
CollegeChemistryNotes.com has teamed up with the award winning global e-commerce solutions provider FastSpring.com to provide Secure, Hacker-Safe e-commerce for all purchases made via our website. Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Switch/Maestro, Solo, Check, and Money Order.